Thursday, September 17, 2009

My Art - Exchange card

Had some friends over the other night to play!! We have decided this year to do Shoe Box swaps as our activity for the year. Each person in the group provides supplies for a little project which we will create during our get togethers. We made Stair Step Cards this month with some boats and a lot of waves!! Fun!!

Here is the card I created for my exchange!! The main element is "holiday gift wrap" sold at Liquidation World a few years ago. It is like woven polyester with silver snowflakes printed on it. It looks like fabric!! Very cool!! I did buy several different ones - used one with snowmen on it in last year's Christmas cards.
I wrapped a small piece of this fabric around a blue piece of cardstock and layered it onto white pearlescent cardstock which I had trimmed with deckle edged scissors (Fiskars). Added a silver brad to the center of the main snowflake to create focal point. I used the snowflake embossing folder (CB) on the right hand side of the card and layered a silver embossed greeting over another piece of trimmed pearl paper and tucked it under the main element.
Really like the look of the card. You will see later that I incorporated this design in my cardmaking class this month!!

Therese

No comments:

Post a Comment

Please leave your comments