Thursday, January 21, 2010

Cardmaking - Jan - Tea cups!

Tea for you!! I will include a teabag or two when I send these cards!! The cups feature alcohol ink background on glossy cardstock and were black embossed to create a bit of a porcelain look. I used my new MS border punch for the right hand edge of the top layer - it punches and embosses!! The heart doilies I found in my stash and they were the perfect size. I added little napkins - saw them on a tea card on Splitcoaststampers and thought they were a perfect touch!! I like them better with the little pin pricks in them. They look more delicate. Added a laser printed greeting just below the cups which helps to ground them - sort of looks like a table top!! I did add a bit of stipple stamping to add a bit of texture to the top layer.
Cards with a bit of a surprise are always fun!!
PS: I thought I had seen a post somewhere about using stamps that have not seen the light of day in quite a while and this morning I found it on Allison's blog!! This stamp is one of those!!

Therese

2 comments:

  1. very pretty and useful. It really looks like porcelain. Cute little napkins too. Nice friendship card or pick me up card.

    ReplyDelete
  2. Love everything about this...the image, the layout and those super fab colors! Good for you to use some of your forgotten stash...thanks for playing!

    ReplyDelete

Please leave your comments