Tuesday, March 22, 2011

Charms!!

Clay charm swap - that is what started this flurry of activity!! I dug out a set of polymer clay - Sculpey - that my sister gave me four years ago for Christmas and started making shapes to use in the creation of charms for swapping. It was totally fun and my first time using polymer clay. I added Pearl Ex to some of them before I baked them - worked pretty well. I created a bit of a container for baking my clay charms by covering a metal pie plate with foil in hopes of not contaminating my oven too much!!
I looked up some basic instructions on the internet and then just started playing. So will have to see how I can embellish these into charms for the swap. I impressed them with some of my CB embossing folders. I really liked how well that worked and the Pearl Ex nicely highlighted the designs.
Therese

1 comment:

  1. New follower, clicked along the breeze of where links led me and found you on the way! I love the textures in your work! I went to the emmossing label and zipped through the 50+ posts on that, and loved it! So I will follow! See you around!

    ReplyDelete

Please leave your comments