Thursday, March 17, 2011

Cardmaking - March - scallops & flowers

Just to change things up a bit I created these cards to fit in #8 (6 3/4) envelopes!! I used letter sized cardstock and cut the card 11" x 3.5" and folded it at 6 1/4" which leaves a 4 3/4" flap on the front. I added a 3" scallop (Nestibilities) that overlaps the edge of the front flap by half and creates a neat place to add an accent on the front of the card. In this case, I layered silk flowers, added a sequin and attached them together using a brad. I used a glue dot to attach this element to the scallop. When gluing the scallop to the front flap I applied glue to the flap to ensure that I did not glue the card closed. The single layer insert is hidden behind the front flap. I added a printed greeting to the red one and a stamped greeting to the yellow one.
Quick & easy meets Clean & Simple!! You gotta love it!!
With Daylight Saving time we have more hours of daylight!! Have a great day!!

Therese

No comments:

Post a Comment

Please leave your comments