Thursday, March 17, 2011

Cardmaking - March - tulip card

Some tulip cards for spring!! Was inspired by a card that featured a tulip created from ovals when I was creating my exchange card a few days ago so I played with the concept and came up with this tulip using the large oval punch (SU). I hand cut a stem and leaves for my tulip from a scrap of green cardstock. I chalked the ovals and the greenery to give them more dimension. For this card I layered an embossed (Swiss Dots - CB) white cardstock rectangle over black and mounted that to my card front. To create the tulip, I glued my three ovals to each other. After placing the elements on my card to make sure everything fit I glued the stem, leaves and tulip to my card front. I brought some cling mount greeting stamps (SU) and each person could add a greeting if they wished.
Tulips say "Spring"!! This would make a lovely Easter or Mother's Day card!!

Therese

No comments:

Post a Comment

Please leave your comments