Tuesday, February 07, 2012

Sailboat birthday card

After getting the sheets all made up last week, this morning I decided to use the little sailboat stamp to make a card for my grandson!!  I had used the sailboat for a masculine card previously but decided that his card needed a lighter look so I used a large blue paint chip for the background. There was some writing on the top right hand side which I unsuccessfully tried to remove with several different chemicals. A search of the internet did not locate any better options so I finally gently sanded them off.  I die cut the chip using TH Ornamental and then highlighted the edges using the same blue ink I used to stamp the sailboat.   I stamped a greeting, tied on a string and added a layered punchie accent which features a hand drawn #3.  Layered this element onto a white embossed cardstock and mounted it to a blue card front.
It is fun to create cards for kids! They so appreciate everything they get!!

Therese

No comments:

Post a Comment

Please leave your comments