Thursday, March 01, 2012

Stacked strips art

Yesterday, I had the students lay out the strips onto a quarter sheet of label then die cut them all last night so that today they could assemble their piece of art.  We added a long piece of fiber which was wrapped around the die cut and a silk flower accent using 3D foam tape.  Some of the students were quite creative with their layout of the strips which just exemplifies that we are all creative - we find so many possibilities even when we are all handed the very same supplies!!  It is the part of teaching that I like the most - seeing others branch out and try something else!!
I used this same sketch for Christmas cards last fall.  You can check them out here!!
Therese

2 comments:

  1. Love it. I used this technique to make Christmas cards last year.

    ReplyDelete
  2. this is also a technique I love and use a lot. Looks great with that die cut. Pretty card.

    ReplyDelete

Please leave your comments