Wednesday, June 20, 2012

Cardmaking - June - Vintage

Our last Wednesday cardmaking session before the summer break!!  It is hot here!!  We were glad to have our cards made early and be off to cooler places!!
For our first card we made one with a bit of a vintage look!!  After not finding enough of what I needed for these card kits in my decorative paper bucket I decided to make up what I needed.  I started with brown paper that came in a box a few weeks ago wrapped around something "important".  I wrinkled it, opened it up and wrinkled it again and then started adding different colours of brown acrylic paint washes and then wrinkled it again.  Once it was dry I ran a dark brown ink pad over the wrinkles to highlight the texture.  Added a lighter colour to soften the dark one and I was happy with that.
I added a piece of my new decorative paper to my card front overlapping the section I had embossed.  I added a piece of paper lace - from way deep in my stash - being sure to only dab my glue stick on it so the holes would remain open.  I layered my collage element over a layer of kraft and mounted it over the end of the ribbon using 3D foam tape.  For a little more texture I added a small flower (TH) cut from corrugated cardboard and adhered it to the card front using a brad to which I had added a gold sequin - just a bit of bling!!   The images were all different and were cut from a 12 x12 page of scrapbooking paper.  I trimmed each image using my Fiskars stamp edger scissors.  Just the look I was wanting.

Therese

No comments:

Post a Comment

Please leave your comments