Thursday, February 07, 2013

Heart cards - French elegance

I downloaded a card I just loved off of Splitcoast Stampers gallery last year.  I went looking for it this year to give credit but I could not find it but this card is very similar.  I did not have any stamps for creating the background so I decided to see what I could find for digital images to make a collage that would work.  I found all of these images at Graphics Fairy!!  It took a little bit of working to get them all laid out like I wanted them but then I just pressed print and got four to a page which was quick and easy!!  Fortunately, I had worked with some of them previously so they already had transparent backgrounds. Once printed I cut them apart, stamped them with a stipple stamp in gray and with an all over design in beige and then sponged the edges in a sandy colour.  I glued the background to a black card front, tied on a piece of beige crochet cotton with a double knot, glued on the greeting and then added the five heart punchies!!
I love the simple elegance of this card!! Hope you all have a great Valentine's Day with those you love!!

Therese


1 comment:

  1. FUN!!! Thanks for your comment on my blog, and thanks in advance for sending cards! And for spreading the word. It would be cool to re-send the postcards, but I'd like to keep them all in Rupert for a display. When we figure that out, I'll post pictures. There are way too many to show them all at once at the PO itself, but we may do a rotating show or something, and then have the whole collection on display at the library or the fire hall.

    ReplyDelete

Please leave your comments