Here I coloured my image before I scoured the pile of card fronts and was left having to put my accent piece onto a green card front. It works reasonably well but I think pink or purple would have been better. The digital image is from Beccy's, and laser printed. I used coloured pencils to colour it. I taught my young friend to distress the edges of the cardstock layers using the cutting edge of the scissors. She liked that a lot!! Here I distressed the edges of my layers and added a bit of detail to the greeting as well. I used pencil crayons to add texture to the card front in several colours that worked well with the image.
For this card I coloured the heart, added dots in black pencil crayon to simulate small brads on both the image and the greeting and again embellished the card front with several different colours of pencil crayon to add texture.
Here I coloured the bear and knowing that I had red scraps to layer the image coloured the ribbon and heart in red as well. I distressed one of the red scraps and added to my card front below the greeting. I highlighted the bear using a pencil and black pen to give it more definition and that really helped with the eyes as well.
For this card I found this coloured image and found the decorative paper in the recycle bin which I was very happy to find matched very closely. I trimmed the binding edge off of one of the cardstock pieces and used it as a design element below my layered image. I hand trimmed the greeting and layered it twice to help it stand out.
I found a scrap of adhesive fun foam which we cut up and used instead of 3D foam tape to pop our images.
I used the pencil crayons to add colour and texture to my decorative paper as well as the cardstock.
Again, I used the decorative paper which we found in the recycle bin. It has been creased so I just decided to wrinkle it up completely and then used pencil crayon to highlight the folds. knowing I had a blue card front for this card I decided to colour the scarf in similar colours. The image is from Melonheadz Illustrations!! Again, I simulated brads using a pencil crayon and added a trimmed binding as a design element.
We had a wonderful time and made a few other crafts as well.