this embossing resist technique, I decided today was the day!! So I embossed the die cut and then sanded it a bit to emphasize the pattern by revealing some of the white core. I then applied clear Versamark ink to the surface and embossed it with clear embossing powder. Afterwards, I sponged on some Brick Distress ink which did not give enough contrast so I followed it up with some dark red watercolour which I liked better. After a bit of fitting I trimmed the half moon pieces off the two ends to remove some length. For the focal element I die cut a vellum oval (NS), embossed it with "LOVE" in gold and added definitions to the edge in handwriting using a gold gel pen. I attached it to the die cut using four gold mini brads. I punched a slot (SU) on each end of the die cut and inserted some white vintage seam binding. I embossed a trimmed quarter sheet of heavy weight gold gift wrap using the Musical Flourish (CB) embossing folder and glued it to the front of my red card front. I adhered my die cut over that layer and glued the ends of my seam binding to the inside of the card front. It needed a bit of something so I added a little heart to the inside of the O using a bit of watercolour!!
I expect this card would be quite suitable for a wedding or Valentine`s, as well.