Tuesday, January 28, 2014

Baby card with star card embellishment

Had this double sided cardstock star tag base sitting on my desk from my practice run earlier and decided to turn it into a card!!  I sponged the edges with pink, added double sided tape to the inside center and folded all the points.  Dug through my stash of greeting punchies and found this embossed scalloped punchie one that matched perfectly - a baby card it is!!  I glued it on the front of the star with double sided tape to finish off my embellishment.  Next, I was lucky enough to find some coordinating pink ribbon which I positioned on the middle of my white embossed layer (CB - Musical Flourish) and attached the ends to the back using double sided tape.  I mounted my star embellishment using 3D foam tape over the ribbon and then tied on a short piece to the right hand side of it to simulate a bow and mounted the whole element to a green card front.  It still needed a bit of something so I stamped "Congratulations" in pink in the bottom right hand corner.
I love the soft look of this embossing folder and it works very well for this baby card!!

Therese

No comments:

Post a Comment

Please leave your comments