these cards. Today, I decided to make with them into cards. I used the Stack and Whack technique that I used for the last ones with a much different cutting pattern. I stacked my four pieces of patterned cardstock - 2 blue and 2 green and made my cuts - ten in all. There are two that are almost completely hidden by the focal element and could have been eliminated - hind sight is a wonderful thing!! I deconstructed my stacks and created four unique layouts by arranging the pieces in a different order. I used regular tape on the back to hold the pieces together during reconstruction, double sided tape to adhere the assembled unit to the card front and added a row of stitching all the way around the outside using my sewing machine and white thread. I added faux stitching on the green pieces using a white gel pen. I used a slot punch (SU) to create an opening on the spine in which I inserted one end of a piece of white vintage seam binding. I adhered both ends to the inside of the card front using double sided tape. I tied a short piece to the long piece to simulate a bow. I adhered a decorative label (SU) punchie in red over the seam binding using 3D foam tape and sewed my laser printed greeting to the card just below it. I watercoloured my oval (NS) laser printed cardinal images (Beccy's), distressed their edges and adhered them to the center of the labels.
Happy to have a few more done. They are appropriate for Sylvia's February Challenge - Christmas animals. You can find her monthly Christmas card challenge here. That makes my total 27 for this year!!