Monday, March 31, 2014
Embellished bee die cuts
I have been working on a project that featured bees so I decided to see what I could do with what I had. I went looking because I was quite sure I had bought a bee die a while back and lo a behold I found it! I used it to cut a dozen bees from white cardstock. Wanting them to look much more realistic for my project I decided to embellish them. I started adding details with a fine tip Sharpie marker using a printed one from CLKER as a visual reference. I added detail to the wings, eyes and body and coloured the legs and antenna solid black. They looked much better!! To attend more reailism I went ahead and added watercolour - yellow to the body and very light blue to the wings. Once they were dry, I used clear dimensional paint to highlight the wings and the eyes!! I am really happy with how they turned out!! Check back later to see the project I was working on!!