Thursday, April 03, 2014

Confirmation Card

Made this card for our god daughter who is being confirmed very soon.  I love the way it turned out!!   The decorative paper is from a Hawaiian paper collection I received from my daughter.  I love the colours.  I used several sheets from the same set to make my Mahalo cards last month.
The papers were cut and layered onto the red card front and the join was covered with a piece of lime green vintage seam binding with the ends glued to the inside of the card using double sided tape. I have always loved this very graphic image of a dove and knew it would be perfect for this card.  It is available for download from CLKER.  I laser printed it on white cardstock and watercoloured the image adding layers of paint until I got the intensity I wanted around the edges and a good blend where the colours met.  I sealed it with hairspray to keep the watercolour from rubbing off.  I created the little tag using a red tag die cut and a white circle punchie which I hand lettered with a fine tip Sharpie, watercoloured to coordinate with the card and then embellished with clear dimensional paint.  Once it was dry (overnight) I added a little hanger and attached it to my card by adding it to the knot when I tied a short piece of seam binding to the front to simulate a bow.
I love it when a project comes together easily, looks better than I had imagined it would and is perfect for the occasion and person it will be presented to!!

Therese

No comments:

Post a Comment

Please leave your comments