Thursday, December 25, 2014

Shabby chic card

I made this card for my Secret Sister on one of my groups earlier this year and scheduled it to appear here now that she knows who I am!!
I started with a taupe card and when I was finished it I signed my name on the back!!!!!!!!!!   Bummer, I cut the front off the card and remounted it to a warm blue card front and found a larger envelope to put it in!!!
I stamped the taupe card with a flourish background stamp (IO) in a blue green colour. I mounted over that a element I created that features a layered flower and some lace.  I used a backer that came with Prima Flowers as a base. I trimmed the top using a label die (TH) and a partial cutting plate in my Big Kick.
Having a partial plate allows you to position your plate therefore only cutting certain parts of a die!! I really like having that flexibility. Where did I get a partial plate??  It is the remnants of a full plate that broke in two pieces so in effect I have two partial plates!!
I distressed the outer edge, stippled the edges in several colours and then sponged on a bit of brown.  I added a short piece of lace across about two thirds down and attached the ends on the back using double sided tape.  I used the Tim Holtz Tattered Flowers die and cut the large one from an alcohol ink background that coordinated, a smaller one from gold coloured vellum and the smaller one from the scrap I cut off the top of the Prima packaging.  I added a button brad to hold them all together which I distressed with a green Sharpie marker.  I attached the layered flower to the layer using double sided tape and stamped a greeting below the lace using a clear stamp set in a blue green ink.
It is a little out of my ordinary in regards to style but I am trying to do create cards that will not give me away!!

Therese

No comments:

Post a Comment

Please leave your comments