Friday, April 17, 2015

Birthday card with a tissue paper layer

Another card I created last week and am posting today!!  The flower image is from Anji's Antics.  I laser printed it, trimmed it close and coloured it with watercolours then layered it onto dark purple. I used the same purple cardstock for my card front, added a layer of red tissue paper and then mounted a layer of yellow decorative paper.  I mounted my image using 3D foam tape over the paper, added a strip of red cardstock below it and mounted my layered and sponged greeting over it. The greeting is colour printed, punched out (SU), sponged with a bit of purple ink and then backed with a yellow punchie which as been split in the middle to allow it to show at the top and bottom.
I really like the way the tissue paper gave me a soft red colour between the yellow and the purple. I will be using tissue paper as a layer again!!  It adds dimension and soft colour!!

Therese

No comments:

Post a Comment

Please leave your comments