Thursday, June 11, 2015

OSW with 4" x 4" squares - masculine cards

 I received two sheets of 8" x 8" decorative paper in one of my swaps this past week and so I decided to see how many cards I could make with them.  I started with this plaid sheet.  I cut it into four 4" squares then started designing my cards.  I found these round stamped images in my stash and they colour coordinated very well so I cut red layers for them using my circle dies (Spellbinders).  The train, loon and lighthouse are from Class Act .
The coffee cup is from Sugar Loaf.   I found some kraft cardstock that worked and made four card fronts.  I distressed the edges of the images then sponged all the way around them and the squares of decorative paper with black ink.  I used my stipple stamp (SU) on the card fronts to add a bit of texture.  I colour washed the fussy cut laser printed banner greetings (CLKER) to coordinate.   I added black seam binding to each card in a different way and tied a short piece to the length on three of them. I added faux stitching to one of the cards using a fine tip Sharpie marker.  By changing the image, the greeting, the orientation and the sketch for each card I managed to make four different ones with the same supplies.  These are all somewhat masculine cards which will go into my stash.

Therese

No comments:

Post a Comment

Please leave your comments