Friday, February 26, 2016

Embossed metal star card

Another star card for my oldest grandson!!  I started by creating the embossed star. I cut a piece of foil packaging in a circle shape, embossed a star and then added more texture and details.  I will be posting a tutorial soon.  Once it was finished I used 3D foam tape to adhere it to a gold scalloped circle which I had die cut with my Nestibilities. I also punched a hole in each scallop.  I added a safety pin to a white cardstock circle and glued it to the back so he can remove it and wear it like a badge!! I die cut the label (SX) out of black cardstock, tied the badge to it with black fiber and then embellished around it using a gold gel pen. I created the background using embossed metal foil tape which I had coloured with transparent acrylic paint for a project a long time ago.  I trimmed and glued two pieces - one to the top and one to the bottom of a blue card and glued the focal element over them.  I added the trimmed laser printed greeting over the bottom edge of this element using a star brad which I coloured with Sharpie marker to coordinate with the card.  I glued the flagged end down with double sided tape.  Once I was done I still thought it needed a bit of something so I added black faux stitching around the outside edges and in the spaces on the outside of the middle of the label with a fine tip Sharpie marker.  That was better!!

Therese

1 comment:

Please leave your comments