Thursday, September 29, 2016

Pink & black little or big girl cards!

I had these two label elements on the back side of my desk.  I found them in the process of cleaning up before I started on my cardmaking kits for this week.  I had created backgrounds for them originally but they were too busy so I went looking for something a  little more subtle.  I found a piece of hand decorated paper and a piece of embossed pink handmade paper which worked really well and glued them to pink card fronts.  I watercoloured the punched images (dragonfly - stamped - no credit, hearts by Torico), layered them onto the black punchies and then glued these to the center of my serendipity labels.  For the left hand card, I attached the label using silver brads and layered pink and black cardstock strips below my stamped greeting (SU).  For the right hand card, I used the slot punch on each end of the label, ran a strip of black cardstock through the holes and machine stitched all the way around the handmade paper background capturing the ends in the process.  I added a laser printed punchie greeting (Window Punch SU) layered onto a black Modern Label (SU) punchie to finish off my card.   Really happy with how these turned out - one of a kind!!

Therese

No comments:

Post a Comment

Please leave your comments