My first card for September's cardmaking class. I started by choosing this cool paper for my background. I love it for fall cards!! I am very near the last piece of this one!! Next, I die cut the leaves from some coordinating pieces of cardstock (4" x 2.75"). It was a little tricky as this leaf (TH) is on a large die (Tattered Leaves) along with several others so I drew guidelines in pencil on the foam to help me position the cardstock correctly every time! I decided to create my greetings on vellum so printed a bunch in coordinating colours. I started by gluing my background to my card front. I had a variety of coordinating colours. Next, I slipped the greeting (4.25" x 3/4") through my die cut leaf and lined up the greeting where I wanted it to be and stapled it in place. I trimmed away the vellum end sticking out from behind the die cut. I added 3D foam tape to the back of the die cut and mounted it on my card front. I flagged the end of the vellum greeting and stapled it again. On the left hand card I could not add a staple because the throat of my stapler was not deep enough so I just used a small piece of double sided tape on the back of the vellum just below the words. It worked perfectly and does not show on the front. So two different options for this card kit and after class we discussed maybe using a landscape layout so I will consider that for my left over kits.
Here are a few more I made up since class last week. We had talked at the end of the class that maybe a bit of sponging would look nice on the edges of the leaf so I gave that a try. I also added glitter faux stitching on the one leaf die cut on the left hand side. I did manage to find quite a few layouts that worked with the elements in this kit. I like to change things up a bit when I am making multiples of any card.