Thursday, February 09, 2017

Concertina heart borders for cardmaking!


More concertina borders for my cards!!  I used decorative paper for these ones and cut them with the smallest heart on the large Tipsy heart die (SX).  I measured across the largest part of the die and fold a concertina (back and forth) slightly smaller so when I cut the stack the hearts would remain attached.  Just like making a string of paper dolls or snowflakes when we were kids.  Instant border!!!  I used my heart border on these cards combining them with decorative paper, a bit of embossing and lace and greetings.  I will be experimenting with different shapes!! 
I made two like the one on the left for my partners on the card exchange and the one on the right uses the two left over ends of the borders I had created which is why there is an edge through the middle of one of the hearts.  I embossed the area below the hearts and used a coordinating laser printed greeting with a bit fiber on the left hand ones.  I added lace to the other one using double sided tape to adhere it to the card front and a layered oval greeting.  
Therese

No comments:

Post a Comment

Please leave your comments