Saturday, February 11, 2017

Fun with concertina borders!

Another card that features a concertina die cut border - this one using some hand decorated paper and cut with the smallest flower on the TH Tattered Flowers die!
The background for this card started with a laser printed background (CLKER) which I stamped with the Worn background stamp (SU) when I was working on a different card and it seemed perfect for this card with the flowers being blue/green. I stitched the border onto the bottom section of the background and added little yellow circle punchie centers. They were too bright so I toned them down with a bit of watercolour!!  I added a piece of blue gros grain from top to bottom on the left hand side of the background and glued the ends to the back using double sided tape.  I created a large floral focal element by layering several flower die cuts and punchies which I attached to my background using a tiny silver brad.  I glued this large element to the front of a blue card and added a small greeting punchie (Word Window - SU) to finish it off!!  Pretty happy with that!  Another card for my stash!!              Therese

No comments:

Post a Comment

Please leave your comments