Sunday, July 09, 2017

An anniversary card with a collage look

I created this card for DH for our anniversary last month but forgot to blog it!!  I started with a book page background which I created when I was working out the layout for these Christmas cards.  I was feeding the page into the printer incorrectly so it was not printing the word where it needed to be.  After discovering my error I decided to overprint a musical background from The Morgue File to it which gave the sheet a very cool collage look!!  I trimmed the book page to fit on my card and added the trimmed piece to the right hand edge to have one complete background.  I used a piece of brown cardstock which I had embellished with bleach a while back to die cut the flourish (SX).  I cut off the bottom section and rearranged it to better suit my layout in that I was wanting to cover up the word I had printed.  The two little hearts are also cut at the same time and were the perfect complement for this card.  After gluing the flourish in place I added a round layered greeting.  I started with a scalloped circle (Nestibilities) which I pierced in each scallop with a push pin.  I added the laser printed greeting punchie (SU) which I watercoloured in the center in a coordinating colour and sponged on the edge with brown ink.  The greeting is from Netty's Cards.  I added this over my flourish using 3D foam tape.  Love how it turned out!!

Therese

No comments:

Post a Comment

Please leave your comments