Monday, July 10, 2017

Nautical digital image printed on decorated glossy photo paper

The nautical focal element for this card was printed on glossy photo paper which was coloured with water based inks then printed with an inkjet printer in black. The digital image is from Arthur's Clip Art.   I added a border on the image using a coordinating marker to just help define the edge and a bit of watercolour to the sea portion.  I cut a purple layer for the background and because it was a bit short on the bottom I cut it four times which made up the amount I was short.  I embossed the strips in a gears embossing folder and glued them to my gray card front spacing them with equal gaps. I was going to just layer the image over the background but it still needed something so I added an embossed strip of green cardstock below the image and that was sufficient to balance the layout.  I sponged a laser printed greeting with purple ink after flagging the ends and mounted it below the image over the last strip.  Another card for my stash!!!
Therese

No comments:

Post a Comment

Please leave your comments