I started with a white card as I would be using it to simulate a snowbank.
Next, I dug through my stash of decorative papers and found several that would nicely simulate a blue or night sky. I trimmed out rectangles that were about 4" x 5 1/4". They did not have to be precise but I needed them large enough so the navy strips would cover their sides. I tore a wavy strip off the bottom edge which once glued to the white card front would create my snowbank. I glued the sky paper to the front of the white card lining up the top edge of the paper with the top of the card. When I placed the navy strips over the decorative paper they seems too flat so I decided to embellish them with embossing. I chose to do it by hand so as to not ruin the beautiful torn edges on these pieces. Before gluing the strips into place I realized that I would have to make sure that there was enough room for my wonky tree in the space between them.
So, I dug out my stash of Christmas papers and cut all sorts of triangles - not necessarily the same size or even from side to side. It was quite easy to trim them by hand with a large pair of scissors that easily spanned the lengths I needed. I started putting them in piles that somewhat coordinated and balanced the greens, reds and blues. With a bit of experimenting I figured I needed 4-5 triangles to make my tree tall enough for this card. I dug through my brown scrap bin and found some small pieces of brown cardstock to create trunks for my wonky trees. After trying out one of my trees on my card front I realized that I needed a star as well so I dug out some yellow cardstock and punched a few stars.
With all the pieces I needed I auditioned one of my trees in the space between my navy strips and it was perfect. Some others will require trimming. So I glued down my trunk and then adhered four triangles to create my tree and finished it off with a little yellow star! I am pretty happy with how this card worked out. Next, I found some little round greetings in my stash so I layered them on coordinating cardstock and added them to my card front using 3D foam tape. I am playing around with adding stitching to the triangles or dots to the outside of them. Not sure, so for now it will remain as it is!!