Wednesday, March 28, 2018

Some fun vellum combined with some bright images


These cards both feature a vellum layer!!  The one on the left has some cool bunny vellum which I cut just slightly smaller than my card front.  I created my focal element and positioned it before stamping and embossing my greeting.  The focal element combines a bright laser printed image of Easter eggs (Anji's Antics) which I watercoloured and layered onto yellow cardstock.  I mounted the focal element to the vellum and then applied double sided tape to the back of it where I knew that it would not show through to the front and then adhered this large element to a purple card front.  You have to be really careful when thermal embossing on vellum as the vellum can warp a bit.  You can see that there is a bit of warping even if I was very careful not to apply too much heat for too long.  I am a bit out of practice!!  Really like these bright Easter eggs and I added just a bit of clear glitter gel pen to them as a final touch. 
For my next card, I mounted a hand decorated background paper (watercolour and plastic wrap) in red and pinks to coordinate with my focal image to the front of a purple card. I trimmed the laser printed image (Pixabay), ripped a piece of vellum to frame it nicely and adhered it to the back of the image using double side tape.  I applied double sided tape to the back of this element where it was hidden from the front and adhered it to my embellished card front. 

Therese

No comments:

Post a Comment

Please leave your comments