Sunday, April 29, 2018

Fun card for a young artist

I made this card for my grand daugther's birthday!!  She is growing up and really loving sketching at the moment so I when I found this lovely little illustration on Pixabay the other other I thought it would be perfect for her card.  I love the simplicity of the art and that it might be inspiration to create her own little bear!! or bunny or cat!!
I colour printed the digital image onto white cardstock and trimmed it out of the sheet - I printed several others while I was at it!!  I used a broad tipped permanent black marker to highlight the edge and mounted it onto a rectangle of red.  Very different for me, I mounted the image off of center, added sequins using tiny pieces of glut dots and dots with a clear glitter gel pen in between them.  Just a little greeting to finish it off mounted with 3D foam tape!!! 
I am really happy with the way this one turned out!!! 

Therese

No comments:

Post a Comment

Please leave your comments