Saturday, June 16, 2018

A large card that features stamping, embossing and blingy punchies

My sister's birthday is coming up and I made her this card.  I found a large blue envelope in my stash so it is a large card which is not my usual size but I felt called to make it bigger than usual for some reason!! 
I created a white card and layered on blue cardstock which I embossed with an organic embossing folder both top and bottom.  I was happy to see that where they meet was not at all evident once the focal element was in place.  The focal element is a piece of alcohol ink background which I found in my stash and it coordinated perfectly with the cool ribbon I found last week which I used to back the butterfly frames.  I stamped the background with a solid daisy (Magenta) in several different inks - light violet, purple, light blue and medium blue overlapping as I went.  I used a small flower to fill in using the medium blue ink.  I stamped and embossed in clear embossing powder a large swirly image then added some stippling around the edges using silver ink and embossed that too.  It does not show well but I was wanting to echo the silver punchies I was putting over the ribbon.  I mounted the background to a black piece which I had already punched with the butterfly frame punch and then the scallop border punch.  I added the fussy cut greeting using tiny silver brads and mounted a piece of that gorgeous metallic ribbon in behind the butterfly frames using double sided tape.  I mounted my large focal element to the front of my card.  I mounted the silver butterfly punchies into the openings in the frames using tiny pieces of double side tape which leaves their wings free to be raised just a bit.  I added clear rhinestones to the scalloped border just below them.  I added four little black butterfly punchies (from the frame punches) to my card using the same double sided tape method as the silver ones.  I used a silver gel pen to highlight their bodies. 
Very happy with my card and it will be off to my sister in tomorrow's mail!!!  Therese

No comments:

Post a Comment

Please leave your comments