Saturday, June 16, 2018

Exchange cards featuring a lace background, sequins and laser printed greetings


I made up these cards for my Card Exchange partners for this month.  I found a piece of plastic in my stash which was printed with a lacy floral pattern which was saved from a used greeting card.  I trimmed out two pieces (2.75" x 5.5") and layered them onto maroon cardstock.  I used double sided tape behind the most solid parts of the images to secure the plastic to the card stock.  I mounted these elements to green card fronts.  I used laser printed greetings from my stash which feature a butterfly oval frame from Birdie Brown and a font greeting.  I chalked the inside with a coordinating red and sponged the outside with a coordinating green ink.  Mounted the greetings to the card fronts using 3D foam tape.  They still needed a bit of something so I added three sequins to each card securing them with small pieces of glue dot and added clear glitter dots to the butterflies on the greetings.  That as better!!  They are off to my partners in today's mail.             Therese

No comments:

Post a Comment

Please leave your comments