Thursday, June 21, 2018

Cards for my stash - decorative paper, die cuts and laser printed butterfly images

 A few more cards for my stash.  I had laser printed two sheets of these butterfly elements expecting to make up a set of card kits for my last class and that did not work out a the time.  The image is one from Pixabay - Artsy Bee which I digitally manipulated to get several different coloured images to provide some variety.  So I took the challenge of making stash cards with them instead.  I started with this polka dot background paper (digital laser printed) which I layered onto green for my first card and blue for my next one.  I added some brown die cuts in between to add some texture and interest.  The first one has a set of little leaves (SU) and the other has a large swirl (Sizzix).  I added a small greeting in the middle which was laser printed, punched with the Word Window punch (SU) and mounted over the butterflies using 3D foam tape.

For this set of cards I used the same decorative paper (laser printed digital) for both cards.  I mounted one on dark brown and the other on green card fronts.  I added off white die cuts (leaves - SU, swirl - Sizzix) and laser printed Word Window greetings over the butterfly elements. 
This is a loose interpretation of the idea I had in my head when I first printed the butterflies so I am glad I kept at it until the design came together. A very versatile sketch that works for a wide variety of occasions.    Therese

No comments:

Post a Comment

Please leave your comments