Friday, July 27, 2018

A card for my Mom which features fun paper, watercoloured digital image and a fun layered greeting

My Mom's birthday is coming up - she will be 82!!  She is still a going concern - quilting, gardening, cooking, reading and taking care of my Dad.  Her favorite colour is this great blue colour so I started with that.  I added this fun decorative paper which I colour printed for a different project and found in my stash.  I glued it to my card front and added white ribbon which I glued to the inside of my card with double sided tape.  The flower image is a digital from Cruzine which I laser printed on white cardstock and trimmed to size before watercolouring to coordinate with my background paper.  I layered the image onto a rectangle which I created using blue and green cardstock and added to my card using 3D foam tape.  I used this oval punched greeting (Bird's Cards) which I sponged on the edges with blue and green and then added a green oval punchie which I trimmed in two and allowed the two halves to show a bit on the top and the bottom of the greeting one.  I mounted it to my card using 3D foam tape and added a bit of blue watercolour to it which finished it off perfectly!!!  Therese

No comments:

Post a Comment

Please leave your comments