Thursday, August 02, 2018

A card that incorporates a watercoloured digital image, paper flowers and some stamped stitching


Making cards for special days in the lives of my special people!!  This one is for my sister!!  I started with the laser printed image of little sunflowers (CLKERto which I had added a font greeting before printing.  I watercoloured the image and layered it onto a dark yellow cardstock rectangle.  I stamped the leaf stitching (SU) which I then watercoloured as well.  I trimmed the bottom with decorative wave scissors and pierced a row of dots just above it.  I went digging in my decorative paper stash for coordinating papers and found these blue hued ones that worked.  Blue is one of my sister's favorite colours!!  I trimmed my scraps and mounted them to brown cardstock leaving a bit of space at the bottom where I trimmed it with scallop decorative scissors and mirrored the paper piercing on my focal element by piercing each scallop.  I used a long unused stamp of zigzag stitching (Hero Arts) and stamped each joint between the papers.  My sister is a quilter and will appreciate the stitching on this card even if it is stamped.  I mounted my background to a blue card front and positioned my focal element over it and found that it needed a bit of something to make it pop so I dug through my silk flower stash and found these paper flowers which were exactly the right colours.  I layered two (brown & yellow), added a little brown flower punchie and then a blue sequin before binding them with a brown brad.  After a bit of auditioning I added the floral 3D element to the focal element and adhered this large element to my card front using double sided tape.  Really happy with how this one worked out!!!!!!!        Therese

No comments:

Post a Comment

Please leave your comments