Monday, October 15, 2018

A sympathy card that features a butterfly, some fiber and a font greeting

For this sympathy card I embossed the front of my card using the distressed lines embossing folder twice being careful to align the strips and using small piece of cutting plates to limit where the embossing would happen.  I chose a piece of decorative cardstock which coordinated with the colour printed butterfly image (Pixabay).  I distressed the edges of the butterfly image and sponged them with a bit of brown ink.  I mounted it with 3D foam tape to the piece of coordinating cardstock.  To repeat the brown in the butterfly I added a thin strip of brown cardstock to each long edge of this layer.  It still needed a bit of texture so I used my pattern tracing wheel and added a line on each edge of my element.  I tied on a length of white fiber and then mounted my laser printed punched greeting which was sponged to coordinate.  I mounted this large element to my embossed card front to finish off my card.               Therese

No comments:

Post a Comment

Please leave your comments