Friday, February 01, 2019

Large birthday card with a candle digital, ribbon and chevron embelishments

Working on family birthday cards!!  For this one I created a digital image of candles, stars and a greeting which was inspired by a card on Splitcoast Stampers.  I created it in Corel Draw and am happy with the way it turned out.  I laser printed several and trimmed this one from the sheet.  I started with a large envelope and created a beige card for fit inside.  I found this wood background paper in my stash and pieced it together to cover the front of the card.  I watercoloured my image to coordinate with the bits of ribbon I chose to create flags on it.  Once dry I added double sided tape to the back and added several lengths of ribbon which I trimmed to make a pleasing group.  I mounted my focal element to the front of my card with 3D foam tape and added the blue chevrons below.  They are punchies I found in my little container of fun shapes.  Love how it worked out!!
It is on its way today!!

Therese

No comments:

Post a Comment

Please leave your comments