Thursday, November 28, 2019

Christmas cards featuring a little truck with a tree, sponged & stamped background and torn snowbanks


 A few Christmas cards with these cute little trucks!!  I cut these a while back when I visited my sister.  It is a stamp and die set (SU) so I stamped and embossed them in black and the die cut them.  I made a lot of different colours but my favorites are the red and yellow ones.  The four backgrounds are blue scrapbook papers I found in my stash.  I cut them to 4" x 5.25" and then sponged several lines of blue using a torn paper strip which makes a mountain range.  Next, I sponged a row of green which makes a sort of horizon line.  Finally, I stamped a row of pine trees in green.  Always so effective!!  I embossed all the trees using the Manhattan Flower embossing folder which gave them all really neat texture.  I sponged the edges of the lighter coloured ones.  The little trucks were all embellished with glitter gel pen on the window, door handle, lights, bumper, running boards and hubcaps.  The wheels were coloured black with Sharpies and the fenders were watercoloured to coordinate.  For the first one, I added torn snowbanks at the bottom, added my truck using 3D foam tape in the center and double sided tape behind the wheels to give it a bit of dimension.  I added the tree the same way in the back of the truck.  I added a layered oval greeting (SU - punches) featuring a font greeting and glued this large element to the front of  a black card.  To finish it off I added some dots of iridescent glitter glue to the sky and let it dry.  For the second cards I followed the same procedure (oops! missed the tires - I will fix that) and stamped the greeting on the snow bank instead and left the sky as it was.  Glued to a blue card. 
 This card features a stamped greeting on the snowbank and iridescent sparkles in the sky created with glitter glue. 
The fourth card has manually embossed dots in the sky which I sanded to give them their white appearance.  I love this effect!!!!  On this one the greeting was stamped and embossed with silver embossing powder. 
Really happy with these cards!

Therese

No comments:

Post a Comment

Please leave your comments