Friday, November 29, 2019

Christmas cards featuring little penguins skipping with a light string, some ribbon and fiber

I had hoped to make this sketch one of the cards for my card class last week but unfortunately I had a very difficult time getting them to stamp cleanly and emboss them effectively.  These are the ones I salvaged from the discard pile.
I started by stamping and embossing with black embossing powder the little penguins and then stamped the greeting below and did the same.  I watercoloured the image and then distressed the edges before adding a length of ribbon/seam binding between the image and the greeting.  I tied fiber to two of them and a length of the same ribbon on the other one before mounting it to a coordinating layer of cardstock.  I mounted a piece of decorative paper to a coordinating card and then mounted my large focal element with 3D foam tape.  I am really happy with this sketch so I will consider stamping in permanent ink when I revisit it. 

Therese

No comments:

Post a Comment

Please leave your comments