Sunday, January 05, 2020

Christmas cards with gift wrap from gifts

We attended a Community Christmas dinner on Christmas day and our neighbours won a prize!!  I loved the paper so she very carefully unwrapped it so I could reuse the paper!!  It was beautiful foiled paper in this diamond pattern!!
So for this card I trimmed the gift wrap and glued it to scrap paper to give it a bit of weight and then trimmed it to size for my green card.  As foil is want to do you can see the little areas where the glue was a little heavier which I found a bit disappointing.  I hoped that they would be less visible when the glue dried but not really.  Anyway, I added a silver ribbon from top to bottom and tied the ends together on the front.  After trimming the ends, I added silver shimmer paint to the JOY on this laser printed greeting which I had in my stash.  It is a fun font to use for large greetings.  I ran my tracing wheel on all four sides before mounting it to the front of my card using 3D foam tape.

No comments:

Post a Comment

Please leave your comments