Saturday, January 25, 2020

Slow stitching - new project - snippet roll with scraps


I have started by new slow stitching project - a snippet roll!!  I am using the cushion covers which I removed as a base for this project.  There were two that are falling apart so those have been relegated to the scrap pile but the other four are worn but usable so I did some research to see what I might use them for.  Because they are worn I do not want to put them into a quilt.  I decided on a snippet roll!!  There are a wide variety of them on line and I decided to make one that could be used as ribbon to wrap a gift.  I cut one of the cushion covers into 2" strips which works well because the quilted square are 4" finished.  I managed 8 sixteen inch strips and used my sewing machine to sew them end to end.   That gave me 132 inches!!  Overnight I decided to have finished edges so I used a bias tape maker for a two inch strip and ironed my strip to have the two edges meet in the middle as you can see above which is 1" wide.  Next, I cut over 250 little 3/4" squares in coordinating colours from my fabric scraps and separated them into darks, mediums, colours and lights.  I started from one end and pinned my squares to the back side (unfinished) of my strip going from dark to light and starting over again.  I will need to sort out how I am going to do my stitching!!        Therese

2 comments:

  1. Hi Therese! I love your sewing/stitching projects! I'm using the bookmark you sent at Christmas, and the felt coaster you sent last year, love them both! I'm finally back in the groove, think, and am getting into my stamping room as often as I can. I like doing the masterboards! Thanks for your visit to my blog, it was so nice hearing from you! Lindart

    ReplyDelete
  2. PS: do you remember when we used to call masterboards "serendipty"? LOL!

    ReplyDelete

Please leave your comments