Tuesday, April 14, 2020

Another quilt top


I found this quilt top in my stash when I was sorting through fabric on the weekend. It was square and fortunately I had cut pieces and scraps of the same fabrics as well. I added a strip of the colourful fabric at the top and then a narrow piece of the wrinkly gray fabric and then at the bottom I added a narrow strip of the colourful fabric and then another of the wrinkly gray fabric.   Using the scraps I created pieces that were 3.5" wide and then arranged them into piles so I could evenly distribute the colours and textures into the border that I needed to add all the way around to get the quilt top to be about 35" x 45".  I stitched the border pieces to each other and then added a length of the border to each side which worked out really well.  I think the quilt looks reasonably balanced the large white areas are pretty much centered.  I will now have to find some batting and a backer.  I will also investigate if I have enough fabric left to actually create a binding for it.  It would be really nice if it coordinated.  If not, I will see if I can find a piece of dark green which would work very well for the binding.  Very happy to be able to give this little quilt top another chance!!!!!!!!  Therese

No comments:

Post a Comment

Please leave your comments