Tuesday, April 14, 2020

Slow Stitching - Trees

 I have been working on my slow stitching tree project for the last few weeks getting the little tree squares stitched to larger squares.  I have used blue floss for all the stitching in order to have the trees remain the focal points.  It has been fun to find stitches in my books which I have not done before that will overlap the edge of the square  - cretan, fern, closed fern, etc.  I have also used blanket stitch and a variety of combinations as well including fern, stab, daisy, etc. 
I am feeling like there is not enough stitching to keep these little squares attached to the larger one so more stitching will definitely be added.  Not yet inspired as to what exactly that will be so I will sleep on it and see what I can come up with tomorrow.          Therese





No comments:

Post a Comment

Please leave your comments