Monday, June 22, 2020

Anniversary card featuring lots of heart punchies, an embossed greeting and fiber and gold thread

After finding an inspirational card on Splitcoast Stampers I made a brown card and added found a mottled piece of decorative paper for my background.  I needed some hearts - I found some little brown hearts in my stash.  I wanted several colours and some with text so I dug into my scrap stash and punched a few more.  Some from gold gift wrap, a piece of printed text and dark brown decorative paper.  I started gluing them to my background starting from the bottom. It gives them the look of having been poured from above.  Next, I gold embossed my anniversary greeting, added the last three hearts arranged around the greeting and then I tied on a combination of a piece of kraft colour thread and one of gold embroidery thread with a double knot.  I let the ends hang free.  I glued this large element to the front of my brown card.  I like how it turned out but the inspirational one was better coordinated in the colours and had a softer look which I really liked.  This colour scheme is more masculine and appropriate for my guy!!         Therese

No comments:

Post a Comment

Please leave your comments