Monday, June 01, 2020

Front flap birthday card featuring decorative paper, ribbon and a colour printed digital image of a birthday cake



I am still at making front flap cards!!  For this one I started with a large envelope and created a pink panel card to fit inside.  I layered on the polka dot paper (SU digital - colour printed) which I trimmed to leave an even border.  I found a piece of blue cardstock that coordinated and then found a piece of paper that coordinated with both of them.  I scored the cardstock at a half inch from the top edge, folded over the little flap and then hooked it on my panel and trimmed the bottom edge.  I trimmed the piece second piece of decorative paper  to fit on the front of my flap with an even border.  The birthday greeting is one I downloaded from the internet and colour printed.  I used a large black permanent marker to colour all four edges of my image to highlight the greeting and coordinate with my decorative papers.  I mounted the cake image so it overlapped half onto the flap and I adhered it in place.  I added a length of pink ribbon at the top of the flap and tied it with a double knot.  Added a message area behind the flap using a piece of white bond.         Therese

No comments:

Post a Comment

Please leave your comments