Monday, July 27, 2020

Birthday card featuring torn background paper, a stamped vellum in a frame and a little bird punchie


Another July card - this one for my Mom for her birthday!  Blue is her favorite colour so I always try to incorporate it in her cards.  I started with a large white card I created to fit in a large envelope from my stash.  I found a file folder with some ephemera from a swap a while back.  I found this blue background which was created with masking tape which was the right colour.  I trimmed it and then tore it in two.  I adhered the two pieces to the top and bottom of my card leaving a gap in between.  I used my rectangle Nestibiities to cut an opening in a piece of blue cardstock and then trimmed it to be a frame.  I cut a piece of vellum to fit behind the frame and stamped a twig wreath on it with silver pigment ink and then embossed it with clear embossing powder.  It gave a very subtle look which worked very well for my layout.  I adhered the vellum to the frame and then mounted the frame to my card front.  I added a little bird to the middle of the wreath.  I punched it from decorative paper, added the beak detail and then used a tiny black brad to create its eye.  I punched the wing and embossed it as well.  I assembled the bird and mounted it over the vellum with 3D foam tape.  To finish off my card, I added a sponged punchie greeting on the bottom edge of the frame.  Really like how this card worked out and I am enjoying using supplies and tools which have not be on my "go-to" list in quite a while.  FUN!!!!!   Therese   

No comments:

Post a Comment

Please leave your comments