Tuesday, August 18, 2020

An all occasion card featuring an upcycled denim feather, an embossed layer, decorative paper and thread


 I experimented with the creation of upcycled denim feathers recently with the idea of adding them to my handmade cards.  This is my first card but I am sure it will not be my last!!
I started with a card base similar in colour to my feather.  I found a pack of Asian decorative paper in my stash and I really like the  navy blue and yellow so I trimmed out a 4" x 5.25" layer for my card and adhered it in place as my background.  To coordinate with my paper I chose a strip of navy cardstock which I embossed and trimmed to size and then a bright yellow strip which I trimmed on the right hand size with my deckle decorative scissors.  I trimmed it to be just a bit wider than my cardstock and the same length.  I adhered the navy strip to the yellow and then added a row of paper piercing using my tracing wheel.  I added a loop  and swirl to the top of my feather and then added it to my card by tying it to my navy/yellow strip using white thread wrapped several times around and tied with a double knot.  Really happy with how this one turned out and I am looking forward to make several more!!
Therese

No comments:

Post a Comment

Please leave your comments