Wednesday, September 16, 2020

Slow Stitching - last buildings on my house panel

This is the last structure on my house panel.  I chose two different blocks of fabric and stitched them up to look like apartment buildings.  It worked very well that they had squares on them.  I have three roofs which indicates that there is a building hiding behind the two that you can see in the fore ground.  All the roofs were done with running stitch each with a bit of a different pattern and texture.  I added Xs in the outer edges of the red building, outlined the windows in navy and then added french knots in between the windows as ornamentation on the building.  I stitched the door as a double door and later went in and added white stitching to some of the vertical and horizontal lines of the building.  I added a little peak in the roof line with white thread and added a little french knot in navy to repeat the ornamentation I had added to the building.  

For the brown building I stitched all the way around then added the little triangles just below the roof line in beige.  I added the four pane windows in navy along with the french knots as ornamentation also in navy.  The door's perimeter was stitched in navy and I used off white thread to add the line in the center to make it a double door.  I also added off white thread to several of the vertical and horizontal lines in the building to add texture and properly secure the pieces to the background.  

A totally fun project and it is good to have a large panel to build a quilt around.   Love how the background looks so much like clouds in the sky.  

Therese

 

No comments:

Post a Comment

Please leave your comments