Wednesday, December 09, 2020

Sympathy card featuring a carved wood background, organza ribbon and a bird punchie

I created this card for the husband of a friend who passed away in November.  

I started with a carved wood background which I made a while back.  I added a length of ivory organza ribbon and tied a short length to it to simulate a bow.  I punched the bird (SU) from brown cardstock.  I added watercolour pencil to the branch and the bird and added water to soften the effect.  I added an eye and details to the beak using a black fine tipped marker and coloured the beak with a yellow gel pen. I embossed the wing with D'vine Swirl embossing folder and mounted it to my bird.  I adhered the branch to the background so it would overlap the ribbon a bit and then mounted the bird over it with double sided tape.  I then mounted it to a green layer which I had punched on the bottom with the scallop border punch (SU).  I added an embossed line with my score tool and used a push pin to pierce each scallop.  Next, I mounted this large element to a brown card which I created to fit in the large envelope from my stash.  I found a greeting in my stash which was just the right size so I mounted it below the ribbon on the left hand edge and I like the subtle look of it.    Therese

 

No comments:

Post a Comment

Please leave your comments