Thursday, August 20, 2020

Carved wood technique for backgrounds

 I tried the carved wood technique by Gina K after seeing a few examples on Splitcoast Stampers in the past few days.  I did not have all the supplies she used so I assembled what I had and got started.  Making the plain wood grain pattern was pretty cool and so effective with so little time and supplies!  I had not tried it before but I will be doing it again.  It took a few tries to get the look she got.  My best one is the top right hand one.  I realized that she created a dark wood grain and after debossing with the vine embossing folder used a light colour pigment ink which left a dark coloured debossed pattern which in her example really looks like carved wood.  Mine a little less because with my pad I could not get the contrast she did with her colours.  So I just decided to make some woodgrain embossed backgrounds and have fun!!  I will certainly give it another go at another time!!  I made quite a few more than these ones but I got into making cards and just realized I should make a blog post about the backgrounds before I blog the cards!!

Therese

No comments:

Post a Comment

Please leave your comments