Thursday, August 20, 2020

All occasion card featuring watercoloured and embossed flower, decorative paper and ribbon


 As I move ahead with getting some all occasion cards made for my stash I am experimenting with new sketches and using supplies and tools that have been sitting for a while. 

For this card, I am using a flower (SU) as my focal element that has not seen much use as of late.  I decided to stamp and emboss it with silver embossing powder on white cardstock.  I stamped several more while I was at it and have added them to my image stash.  I created my background using some white embossed pieces, a yellow strip and a strip of bright purple decorative paper.  I layered the purple strip over the yellow one and trimmed the edges to leave a bit of on each long end and even on the short ends.  I trimmed the white embossed layer and added some on each side of my accent piece then trimmed it to fit on my pink card base.  I added a purple organza ribbon around my background overlapping the purple decorative paper, secured the ends to the back with double sided tape and then tied on a short piece with a single knot to simulate a bow before adhering it to my card base.  I watercoloured the flower to coordinate and mounted it to my card front using 3D foam tape.  Lots of white with some punches of colour!! Perfect!!          Therese

No comments:

Post a Comment

Please leave your comments