Thursday, August 20, 2020

An all occasion card featuring a black and red upcycled denim feather, decorative paper and thread


 For my second card featuring an upcycled denim feather I used one of the black ones I had created!!  I started with a black card front and added some red and white paper from the same Asian paper pack I used last time.  I trimmed out a piece for my background and added a torn length of vellum, folding the ends to the back and securing with regular tape.  I adhered this  large layer to my card front.  I added a swirl to the top of my feather and tied the thread to the top of it  just below the swirl and then wrapped it around my card front and tied the two ends on the front at the top of my feather.  I used a small punch to create a hole on the spine to pass my thread through.  I used a small piece of double sided tape on the back of my feather to help support it on my card front.  

Really happy with this one too!!

Therese

1 comment:

  1. Hi Therese! Thanks for your visit! I love the covid hair, but he doesn't :-(, how about Brian? Takes me back to the 80's when we first met! But he's old and grumpy now...LOL! Your denim feathers are really neat! I've been contemplating making some macrame feathers as I have some cord leftover from some little macarame favours I made for CJ's wedding (in September). Have a great week my friend! Linda

    ReplyDelete

Please leave your comments